This free confidential service aims to increase the safety and well-being of all women and their children who are at risk, including women of colour, First Nations women, lesbians, and women of differing ages and abilities.
The support worker can offer information and accompaniment to family court proceedings, advocacy and support with the Ministry of Children and Families and other agencies.
You can expect that the worker will offer her support without judgment, focusing on what is helpful to you and your children.
You can use outreach support for many things including:
- Listening to and believing you
- Support with the legal system
- Advocacy with other services to ensure that your needs are better met
- Transportation and accompaniment to appointments
- Help with life skills (e.g. banking, filling out forms, groceries, budgeting)
- Help finding safe housing
- Referrals to other resources
- Parenting support and information
Access to Program:
Women’s Outreach Services are available to all women living on the Sunshine Coast from Langdale to Egmont. There is no cost for this program. Please contact us for an appointment.
Sarah Jean Start, Program Coordinator