Our Vision – A Caring Community
Our Mission – Strengthening individuals, families and our community through leadership, innovation and support.
Caring for our community since 1974, we offer warm, professional support to pregnant moms, new parents, children, youth, families, adults and seniors.
We have over 50 programs, employ just over 100 professional staff, partner with two important organizations – Arrowhead Centre and Community Resource Centre – and work with 100’s of volunteers to provide a caring place of support for residents on the Sunshine Coast.
Our Programs are Clustered into four areas:
- Community in Action includes the SC Food Bank, Volunteer & Visitor Information Centres, Better at Home for seniors, the Thrift Shop and Welcoming Communities for new immigrants. We also partner with the Community Resource Centre to inform, refer, educate, and empower our community, one person at a time.
- Together Against Violence supports people whose lives are impacted by all forms of violence and trauma, providing crisis intervention, shelter, counselling, advocacy and non-judgmental emotional and practical support.
- Child Development Services provides family-centred, inclusive programs to promote active participation; counselling for pregnant and new moms, parents, caregivers and children; and programs in prevention, intervention and support for families who have children with a developmental delay or diagnosed disability.
- Family & Youth Services provides individual and group counselling for families, youth, children and adults using a collaborative approach which builds on the client’s strengths and helps to develop positive relationships to ensure the client remains at the centre of the work done. We also partner with Arrowhead Clubhouse Society to provide programs for adults with mental health challenges.
- Collaboration – We communicate with the community, and value its voices. We foster positive relationships with partners and stakeholders.
- Accountability – We are fiscally responsible, and report on our operations with transparency. We adhere to the code of ethics.
- Respect – We respect the right to self-determination and choice. We consider the well-being of persons we serve, our employees and our volunteers.
- Equity – We honour diversity. We advocate for social justice and equal access to opportunity.
- Individuals and families have unique strengths to define their own potential and find their own solutions.
- People are capable of choice and change and their actions can make a positive difference for themselves and others.
- People have a right to be safe and free from fear and abuse.